How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your PS4 if they’re compatible with the console
Category : entrepreneur
It’s liberating to connect a wireless headset to your gaming console.
While you might want to “cut the cord” and use Bluetooth headphones on your PS4, there’s an important caveat: the PS4 uses a special version of Bluetooth for audio, and so most Bluetooth headsets are not compatible.
To ensure that you can connect a headset to your console, make sure it’s specifically branded as compatible with the PS4.
Some models that are PS4 compatible include Sony’s own PlayStation Platinum Wireless Headset, as well as the Turtle Beach Stealth 600, SteelSeries Arctis 7, and the Razer Thresher.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
PlayStation 4 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
PlayStation Platinum Wireless Headset (From $119.40 at Amazon)
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headphones (From $89.95 at Amazon)
SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset (From $110 at Amazon)
Razer Thresher Headset (From $149.99 at Amazon)
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a PS4
If you have a headset that is compatible with the PS4, or you want to test a Bluetooth headset and see if it works, follow these steps to pair the headphones with the PS4.
1. Following the instructions provided with your headphones, put it in pairing mode. Usually, this entails holding the power button for six to ten seconds.
2. On the PS4, select “Settings.”
3. Select “Devices.”
4. Select “Bluetooth Devices.”
5. If the headset is in pairing mode, it should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices. You may need to wait a few moments while the PS4 searches for nearby Bluetooth devices.
6. Select the headset. Wait while it tries to connect.
7. You might need to complete the process by registering the device.
8. If your headset is compatible, you’ll see a success message and will be able to use your headset wirelessly.
Some wireless headsets are PS4-compatible by including a dongle which you can plug into the controller or the console. Check your headset instructions and packaging to see if it includes a PS4 dongle.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
You can play PS3 games on your PS4 with Sony’s PlayStation Now streaming service — here’s how
How to properly clean a PS4 console, on both the exterior and interior
How to turn a PS4 on or off, or put it into Rest Mode, using the controller or system
How to charge a PlayStation 4 controller using your PS4 console