How to enable in-app purchases on your iPhone, to buy upgrades and other features in your favorite apps and games
Category : entrepreneur
- You’ll need to enable in-app purchases on your iPhone to unlock additional features or content in many apps and games.
- If you find that in-app purchases aren’t enabled on your iPhone, the most likely problem is that they’ve been turned off in Screen Time settings. Open Screen Time to enable in-app purchases.
- If you still can’t make in-app purchases, the payment information associated with your Apple ID might be out of date. Correct it in the Settings app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Some iPhone apps have additional features or content which you can only access by making in-app purchases.
In general, you don’t need to do anything special to enable in-app purchases — just open the app, find the feature or content you want to buy, and complete the in-app purchase according to the instructions in the app. It’ll use the payment method connected to your Apple ID account.
If you can’t make an in-app purchase on your iPhone, though, it’s likely that they have been disabled in the Screen Time settings on your phone. Here’s how to enable them again.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to enable in-app purchases on iPhone
1. Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap “Screen Time.”
3. Tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
4. If it’s not grayed out, tap “iTunes & App Store Purchases.” If it is grayed out, then you don’t have Screen Time set up and should skip to the next solution.
5. Tap “In-app Purchases.”
6. If In-app Purchases is currently set to “Don’t Allow,” tap “Allow.”
7. Tap “Back” and close the Settings app.
You should now be able to make in-app purchases.
If they weren’t disabled in Screen Time, though, or if making that change didn’t enable in-app purchases for you, there’s one other possibility: Your payment information associated with your Apple ID might be out of date.
Here’s how to check that:
1. Start the Settings app and tap your name at the top of the screen.
2. Tap “Payment & Shipping.” You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
3. Verify that your credit card or PayPal information is up to date. If needed, add or edit your payment information.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
‘Why won’t my iPhone download apps?’: How to troubleshoot your iPhone in 4 ways if apps won’t download
‘Why is my iPhone not sending messages?’: How to troubleshoot iPhone messaging issues
How to see old notifications on your iPhone in the Notification Center, and clear all your notifications at once
‘Why won’t my iPhone connect to Bluetooth?’: How to fix your Bluetooth connection in 6 ways