How to sign up for Apple TV+ and check if you apply for a free one-year subscription
Category : entrepreneur
- You can get Apple TV+ — a new video streaming service with original content from Apple — as of November 1.
- It’s possible to get Apple TV+ free for one year if you’ve purchased a new Apple device after September 10.
- If you didn’t make a qualifying purchase, you can still get Apple TV+ for a one-week free trial by tapping the offer in the app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’ve been looking forward to the launch of Apple’s video streaming service since it was announced about six weeks ago, the wait is over.
Apple TV+ is live beginning today, November 1, along with 10 original shows and movies (which will increase as the service’s lineup expands).
The service costs $4.99 per month, though if you have purchased any new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Mac computer after September 10, 2019, you automatically get one year of the service free.
Now that Apple TV+ is available, here’s how to get it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
iPad (From $329.99 at Best Buy)
Apple TV (From $149.99 at Best Buy)
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
iPod Touch (From $199.99 at Best Buy)
How to get Apple TV+
1. Open the Apple TV app on your device (see below for a list of all compatible devices).
2. If you’re not already on the Watch Now tab, tap “Watch Now” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Depending upon whether you made a purchase that qualifies you for a free year, do one of the following:
- If you have purchased a device that makes you eligible for a free year of service, you should immediately see the offer. If you don’t immediately see the offer, scroll down until you see it, and then tap “Enjoy 1 Year Free.” Confirm your billing information.
- If you haven’t made a qualifying purchase, you can still get a one-week trial period. Scroll down until you see “Try it free.” Tap that, and then follow the instructions to confirm your billing information. You’ll get one week free, and then you’ll be charged $4.99 for your first month of service.
You can watch Apple TV+ on many devices
Apple TV+ works with a wide range of devices from Apple and other companies:
- An iPhone or iPod Touch with the latest version of iOS
- An iPad with the latest version of iPadOS
- An Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest version of tvOS
- A third generation Apple TV with the latest Apple TV Software Update
- Any smart TV or streaming media player running the Apple TV app
- A Mac computer running the latest version of macOS
- Any computer running Safari, Firefox, or Chrome web browser (navigate to tv.apple.com)
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
‘How much is Apple TV+?’: A guide to Apple’s new video-streaming service with ad-free, original content
‘How much is the iPhone 11?’: Everything you need to know about Apple’s latest phone, including its standard price, trade-in prices, and new features
‘How much is the iPhone 11 Pro?’: Everything you need to know about Apple’s first ‘Pro’ phone, including its standard price, trade-in prices, and new features
‘How much is the Apple Watch Series 5?’: Everything you need to know about Apple’s latest smartwatch, including its various prices and new features