How to contact PayPal if you have an issue with your account, in 2 different ways
Category : entrepreneur
- You can contact PayPal in a few ways if you have a problem with your account and aren’t sure how to solve it.
- It’s easy to contact PayPal by phone if you need immediate assistance, or you can use the messaging feature, which may take a little longer to get a response.
- You can also go to the Help Center to see common questions and solutions, visit the Resolution Center to solve transaction issues, or ask a question to the PayPal community in a forum.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
PayPal is a relatively easy platform to use. Whether you’re buying a product or service online, sending money to friends and family, or even receiving funds, it’s a pretty simple and straightforward process.
However, if there comes a time when something’s not quite right with your account, and you get locked out or have an unexplained hold on funds, you might need to speak with someone who works for the company.
Thankfully, PayPal makes it easy for users to get in touch.
You can do this in a couple of different ways depending on your preferences — phone may be the best option if you need immediate assistance, while a less urgent issue can likely be solved via the site’s messaging feature.
Here’s how to get in touch with PayPal.
How to contact PayPal by phone
1. Go to https://www.paypal.com and log into your account.
2. Once logged in, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click “Contact Us.”
3. On the following page, you can either use the search bar to look for quick, non-personalized answers to the most common questions. If none of those fit, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
4. Click “Call us.”
5. On the following page, you’ll be given PayPal’s telephone contact number as well as a one-time passcode you’ll need to enter upon calling to allow the associate to access your account more easily as well as confirm your identity. Note that this code will only work for 10 minutes, so you’ll need to call within that time.
6. Call the number listed, enter your passcode when prompted, and wait to be connected with a PayPal representative.
How to contact PayPal by message
1. Log into your account on the PayPal website.
2. On the summary page, scroll down and click the “Contact us” option that appears in the menu bar running along the bottom of the screen. You will then be taken to the Help Center.
3. On the Help Center screen, scroll to the bottom and click “Message us.” Here, you’ll be prompted to enter your issue in a chat window, and you will be given a standard, non-personalized response. If this does not solve your query, however, your message will then be forwarded to a PayPal agent who will respond, generally within an hour.
You can also access the Resolution Center to solve issues with transactions, or ask a question to the PayPal community in a forum to get the information you need.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to refund a payment on PayPal in 4 simple steps
How to change your primary address on PayPal in 3 steps
How to set up a PayPal account and link a bank account or credit card
How to add money to your PayPal account, so you can transfer money or pay bills immediately