How to send money on Venmo to anyone with an account, and set a privacy setting for payments
Category : entrepreneur
- You can send money on Venmo — as well as request it — right from the app’s homescreen.
- Sending money on Venmo is easy, but be sure to have your bank account or credit or debit card already linked to your account.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Venmo is an app-based payment service, available for Android and iPhone, where users can send, request, and receive money.
Venmo allows you to link your debit and credit cards as well as bank accounts to send payments to friends and family within the US.
Learning how to send money on Venmo is easy. Here’s what you need to know.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to send money on Venmo using the app
1. Launch the Venmo app from the home screen on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. In the top-right hand corner of the screen, tap the payment icon, which looks like a pen and pad with a money symbol. This is where you can send and request money.
3. Next, in the textbox, enter the username of the person you want to pay. You can also find them in your list of friends by scrolling down. If you enter in the name of someone who you’ve never sent money to before, you’ll be asked to confirm that you’re choosing the right person.
4. Enter the amount you want to send.
5. Here, write a brief memo or description of what the payment is for. You can also alter who can see the payment by tapping the icon near the bottom of the page that reads “Friends,” “Public,” or “Private.”
6. Once you’ve filled out the payment amount and memo, select “Pay.”
7. For the final step, you can specify how you’d like to pay — choose between the credit and debit cards or bank accounts linked to your Venmo.
8. If everything looks good, tap “Pay” at the bottom of the page. You will then receive a confirmation email and the transaction will appear on your Venmo profile page, and in your feed.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
‘Does Venmo charge a fee?’: A guide to Venmo fees, and how to avoid them
How to receive money on Venmo and transfer funds to a connected bank account
You can’t delete your Venmo history, but you can make all past and future transactions private — here’s how to do it
‘Does Venmo work internationally?’: No, you must be physically located in the US — here’s what you need to know