How to set up an eBay account for business or personal use
Category : entrepreneur
- You can easily set up an eBay account for your personal or business needs.
- There are two types of accounts on eBay — personal and business. The process for setting up each is simple, but a business account requires more information.
- A personal account is great for a casual eBay user who wants to sell items that they no longer use; a business account is appropriate for people who want to sell a large number of products.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
eBay is a great resource for selling items you no longer need or for buying items that are more difficult to find elsewhere. But before you buy and sell on eBay, you’ll need to set up an account.
There are two types of eBay accounts. A personal account is best for a casual eBay user. A business account is appropriate for people who plan to sell in large quantities, or for people who have bought or made items specifically to sell.
Registering a business account will require more information than a personal account, including the business name, address and type. Luckily, setting up both accounts is relatively easy.
How to set up an eBay account for personal use
1. Go to http://www.eBay.com.
2. On the top left part of the screen, hit “Register” to register a new account.
3. To register with an email, type in your first and last name, your email, and a password.
- Alternatively, you can register using a Facebook account or Google account by clicking the “Continue with Facebook” button or the “Continue with Google” button on the right side.
4. Once you’ve typed in your information, you’ll be redirected to the eBay home page.
5. You can now begin to buy and sell items, and personalize your account via the “My eBay” button at the top-right-hand side of the screen.
6. Hit “My eBay” to continue to set up your account.
7. The “Personal info” tab allows you to input additional information about the account, like password security, as well as update your shipping addresses to ease the checkout process when you purchase an item on eBay.
8. Under “Payment,” the “Payment Options” tab allows you to store a credit or debit card, as well as aPayPal account, as an option at checkout.
- The “PayPal account” link allows you to link an existing PayPal account or guides you through the process of setting up a PayPal account.
9. The “Account Preferences” tab allows you to change your eBay settings for payment, selling, and more.
How to set up an eBay account for a business
If you have a personal account, you can turn it into a business account.
1. Log into your account and go to your account settings, which are available under “My eBay” on the home page and are then found under the “Personal Info” tab.
2. Hit “Account Settings” and under “Account Type” hit “Edit” to begin the process of changing from a personal account to a business account.
If you don’t have a personal account, you can set up a business account from the eBay homepage.
1. Hit “Register” on the top left-hand part of the screen. On the following page, hit “Create a Business Account.”
2. From there, you’ll be prompted to enter your legal business name and email. Then, hit “Register.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change your eBay password, or reset the password if you’ve forgotten it
How to change your eBay name so your user ID is unique and recognizable to buyers
How to contact eBay customer support for any issues with your account
How to remove a buyer’s bid from your listing on eBay