How to find someone on Venmo in 3 different ways, to pay them or send or a payment request
Category : entrepreneur
- You can find someone on Venmo if you need to send money, or send a payment request.
- It’s easy to find someone on Venmo by searching for their name or username, or if you’re in the same place, by scanning the unique QR code associated with their account.
- You can also sync your phone contacts and Facebook friends list on Venmo, making it easy to find anyone you have already added in those places.
- Here are the three easiest ways to find someone on Venmo.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
You’d likely be hard-pressed to find somebody who doesn’t have the Venmo app on their iPhone or Android phone.
With such widespread use of the apps like Venmo, it’s never been easier to transfer money to friends — but you have to find them on the app first to do it.
Luckily, there are several different ways you can look users up in order to transfer money to them or add them to your friends list, including a manual search function, QR codes, and contact list integration.
Here are three different ways to find people on Venmo.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to find someone on Venmo
To search for someone manually, you have to follow these steps first:
1. Open Venmo.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
3. In the menu, tap “Search People,” the second option down, with a spyglass next to it.
From here, you have two options:
Use the search function
If the person you’re trying to add isn’t nearby, it’s not an issue. You simply have to search for them, either by name or username.
1. In the Search People Menu, type your friend’s name or username into the search bar.
2. Tap on the profile you’re looking for.
3. Look at the picture and information on the profile to be sure it’s the correct person, then tap “Add Friend” under their name.
Scan a QR code
If you happen to be in the same room as the person you want to find on Venmo, all you have to do is scan the unique QR code that comes with their account.
1. Tap “Scan Code” at the top of the Search People menu.
2. Have your friend pull up their code by tapping on the icon on top of their profile picture in the menu.
3. Hold their QR code under your phone’s camera until the app recognizes it.
4. Once the app recognizes their code, you can add them to your friends list by tapping the little button that says “Add Friend” under their name (if you have already added them, this button will simply say “Friends”).
How to sync your contacts on Venmo
If you’re looking to add a bunch of people to your Venmo contacts list at one time, and you already have their phone number or are friends on Facebook, it’ll be easier to simply sync those contacts.
1. In your main menu, tap the “Settings” button, second from the bottom.
2. Under your Preferences list, tap “Friends & Social,” the fifth option down.
3. To add your phone contacts automatically, simply toggle the switch next to “Phone Contacts” to the on position. To add Facebook friends automatically, do the same thing with the switch labeled “Facebook Contacts,” first making sure that the Facebook Connect switch is on as well.
Once you have done this, any contacts you add to your phone and anyone you friend on Facebook will automatically be added to your Venmo friends list, as long as they have an account.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
‘Does Venmo charge a fee?’: A guide to Venmo fees, and how to avoid them
How to set up a Venmo account, connect it to your bank, and sync your contacts to easily send or receive money
How to send money on Venmo to anyone with an account, and set a privacy setting for payments
‘Does Venmo work internationally?’: No, you must be physically located in the US — here’s what you need to know