How to find your Apple Watch’s serial number using your Apple Watch or iPhone
Category : entrepreneur
- You can find your Apple Watch serial number in a few different ways.
- Your Apple Watch serial number provides you with information on which version of the Apple Watch you have.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
While generally speaking, knowing the serial number of your Apple Watch isn’t necessarily something you’ll need, being able to find it is important should the need arise.
After all, the serial number is the definitive way of identifying your watch and letting you know which model you have. It can also be important when cashing in on a warranty or insurance policy you’ve taken out on the device, both of which will likely be tied to the watch’s serial number.
There are several ways you can find out your Apple Watch’s serial number, both on the device itself and via your iPhone. Each method is simple and straightforward and will get you the info you need in just a few seconds. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Watch Series 5 (From $399 at Best Buy)
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to find your Apple Watch’s serial number using your Apple Watch
1. Press the Apple Watch’s digital crown to launch the app home screen.
2. Find the Settings app, which looks like a small cog wheel, and tap it to open.
3. Scroll down and tap “General.”
4. Tap “About.”
5. Scroll down to the “Serial Number” section and your device’s serial number will be listed below.
If you don’t have your Apple Watch handy at the moment but still want to know the device’s serial number, you can do so via your paired iPhone.
How to find your Apple Watch’s serial number using your iPhone
1. Tap the Watch app on your iPhone’s home screen to open it.
2. Under the “My Watch” tab, scroll down to find “General,” and tap to open.
3. Tap “About.” The watch’s serial number will be displayed on this screen.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to share your Apple Watch Activity and send messages to friends during your workout
How to change your Apple Watch to military time in 4 steps, using the Watch app on your iPhone
How to flip your Apple Watch screen by changing its orientation, in 2 different ways
How to turn off Airplane Mode on your Apple Watch in 2 different ways