How to link your PayPal account to your Twitch channel so viewers can donate to your page
Category : entrepreneur
- You can link your PayPal account to your Twitch so that viewers can donate directly to you.
- You can easily set up PayPal donations by setting up a PayPal.me link and adding it to your Twitch page.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories
When it comes to live streaming, Twitch is one of the leading platforms for content creators to share their content for millions to view. From tabletop games to skillful gamers, there is a ton of opportunity on Twitch, allowing streamers to build a brand and their platform.
One of the best parts of Twitch is that there are multiple ways fans can donate to your page, including by sending money directly to your PayPal account.
Twitch streamers with a PayPal account have the option to ask their viewers to donate directly by using the email address that is linked to their PayPal account.
There are a few ways you can go about setting it up, you can either set up a PayPal donation button, or you can link your PayPal.me link to your channel, which makes the entire process simple and transparent.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to link your PayPal account to Twitch
1. If you need to create a PayPal.Me account, head over to PayPal.me and follow the steps to set up your account and link.
2. Click the “Send & Request” link in the top menu on the PayPal app or website on your Mac or PC.
3. Click “More” in the top menu, then click the blue “Get Started” button below “Manage your PayPal.me profile.”
4. Create (or turn on) your PayPal.me link. To turn on your link toggle the button to the right of “Anyone can see and send money to your PayPal.me” to on — it should turn blue when on.
5. Copy the blue link at the top of your profile by highlighting it with your mouse and holding “control” + “C” on your PC or “command” + “C” on your Mac keyboard.
6. Log into your Twitch account and click “Channel.”
7. Scroll down to your channel and turn on “Edit Panels.”
8. Click the giant “+” symbol located on the screen.
9. Paste your shareable PayPal.me link to the “Image Links To” section by holding “control” + “V” on your PC or “command” + “V” on your Mac keyboard. You can also add an image for the button in the “Panel Title” section depicted above.
10. Once you’ve added your information, click “Submit.”
After a donation button goes live on your page, viewers and fans alike will be able to donate to your channel via PayPal. By clicking on the PayPal panel, the image will open up a new link via your PayPal.Me link, which will take them to your PayPal profile.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to stream on your Xbox One using the Twitch app
PayPal.Me is a personal link that lets anyone send money to your PayPal account — here’s how to create one
How to cancel a PayPal subscription, to stop making automatic payments for an online service
How to send an invoice on PayPal to remind your clients to pay you