How to block or unblock someone on your PS4, and manage who’s allowed to message you
Category : entrepreneur
- You can block or unblock someone on your PS4 to manage who is allowed to contact you.
- You can block a user from their PS4 profile by selecting the three-dot menu on their page.
- To unblock users, press the Options button on your PS4’s controller while on the Friends page to pull up a list of “Blocked Players.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
You can block a player on your PS4 if you find that person rude, offensive, or simply don’t want to receive messages from them. And then you can unblock them later.
Similar to the way blocking works for some apps on your phone, a blocked user will be able to send you messages but you won’t receive them. You can unblock the user to start receiving messages from them again.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
PlayStation 4 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to block someone on the PS4
1. Open the profile of the person you want to block.
2. On the person’s profile page, select the icon that looks like three dots to open a menu.
3. Choose “Block” from the menu.
This person is now blocked, and you won’t see new incoming messages from them. If they were previously on your Friends List, they’ll be removed from that as well.
How to unblock someone on the PS4
If you’re blocked someone but later change your mind, you can restore your ability to receive messages from him or her.
1. Select “Friends” from the function screen and press the Options button on the controller.
2. Select “Blocked Players.”
3. Select the player you want to unblock.
4. Select “Unblock.”
5. If you want to add this person to your friends list again, you’ll need to send them a new Friend Request.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to play music on a PS4 using Spotify or a USB drive
How to clear the cache on a PS4 to make your system run more efficiently
How to stream live gameplay on your PS4 to Twitch, YouTube, or other streaming sites
‘Why won’t my PS4 turn on?’: How to troubleshoot your PS4 if it won’t turn on, using 4 different methods
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your PS4 if they’re compatible with the console