How to resize an image on your iPhone in 2 different ways
Category : entrepreneur
- There are two ways to resize pictures on your iPhone: using the default Photos app, or a third-party app like Image Size.
- Using either method, you can resize images on your iPhone to whatever dimensions you’d like.
- However, you can’t edit the resolution using the built-in Photos app — you’ll have to use an app like Image Size for that.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Your iPhone’s camera is a powerful tool with a great resolution, multiple photo formats, and even built-in editing tools.
You can use your Photos app to brighten or darken the image, crop the picture, and more.
One of these many tools includes the ability to resize your photos, using your built-in Photos app, or another that you download from the App Store.
Here’s how to do both, and resize your iPhone images however you like.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to resize an image on an iPhone in Photos
It’s possible to resize an image in the Photos app, with a variety of common dimensions available through the “Edit” menu.
1. Open your Photos app, and open the picture that you want to resize.
2. In the upper-right corner of the screen, tap “Edit.”
3. A new menu will open, with a variety of editing tools. You’ll want to tap the Crop icon at the bottom of the screen — it looks like two right angles intersecting.
4. Tap the icon that looks like a gray-and-black square at the top of the screen.
You’re now in the dimension editing menu. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll find a number of options.
- “Original” will revert your image to its original dimensions.
- “Freeform” will let you crop the image however you’d like, by dragging your fingers from the sides of the image inward.
- “Square” will cut off the sides of your image so it can fit into a square.
After that, there are a number of preset length-and-height ratios. When you tap one, the dimensions will change immediately.
You can tap “Done” to save your changes, “Cancel” to discard them, or “RESET” (at the top of the screen) to start over.
While all of these iPhone image editing tools are decent, what none of them can do is control image resolution.
To ensure a given picture is of high enough resolution, you’ll need a third-party photo editing app.
How to resize an image on an iPhone using Image Size
Image Size is one of the best iPhone photo-resizing apps, and as long as you’re willing to view the occasional ad, it’s totally free.
Once you launch the Image Size app and grant it access to your photos, using it is easy.
Tap the icon of a photo at the top left of the app screen (it looks like a mountain inside a box) and select the photo you want to resize from your Photos library.
Now select the measurement format you wish to work with (from pixels to millimeters to inches) and enter the size you want the image to be, noting the maximum allowed.
As you enter the new size values, you’ll see the new size of the image displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Once you are happy with your picture’s shape and file size (and you have made any other edits within the app), tap the arrow facing down to a line at the bottom of the app to save the resized image back to your Camera Roll.
Read more coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to send a large video file from your iPhone to another device in 3 ways
How to recover deleted photos from your iPhone, through the Photos app, cloud storage services, and more
How to backup your iPhone to iCloud, your computer, or an external hard drive
How to easily delete all the photos on your iPhone at once
How to save images in Google Photos to your iPhone and access them in the Photos app