How to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone
Category : entrepreneur
- You can save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone in three different cases.
- It’s easy to save your own Instagram videos, or any videos that you’ve posted to your Instagram story.
- To save an Instagram video postsed by somebody else, you’ll have to record your screen — just make sure to give that account proper credit if you post the video later.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When you take a video through the Instagram app, it’s housed within the app, rather than saved to your phone.
So if you want to have the video backed up on your iPhone or Android phone, you’ll have to manually save it to your camera roll.
But before you start backing up all of your Instagram videos, keep in mind that saving videos to your phone means they’ll take up space on your device.
If you’re short on room, for example, you may want to move some videos to the cloud or use another backup method to keep your data intact while saving space.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to save Instagram videos on your iPhone or Android phone, whether they were recorded within the app, added to your story, or if they belong to someone else.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to save your own Instagram videos
If you recorded a video within the app and want to save it to your phone’s camera roll, here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Toggle over to your profile by tapping your profile photo icon in the bottom toolbar.
3. Tap on the video you want to save to your phone’s camera roll.
4. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Select “Save” or “Save Video.”
How to save Instagram videos posted to your story
Here’s how to save one of your Instagram stories to your phone:
1. Open Instagram.
2. Tap the Stories bubble in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. When you see the video you want to save, tap the three dots.
4. In the pop-up menu, select “Save” or “Save Video” (iOS users will be given the option to save the entire story).
After completing the process, you should get a quick confirmation that your video has been saved to your device’s camera roll.
How to save Instagram videos posted by someone else
If you want to save someone else’s Instagram video, you can do it by recording your phone screen.
Those with an iPhone are in luck, as screen recording is built into the device. However, Android users will have to use an app — like AZ Screen Recorder or EZ Screen Recorder — to get it done.
Finally, make sure you give the original account proper credit if you post the video later. It’s poor practice and potential copyright infringement if you steal someone else’s video and pretend it’s your own.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to save your Instagram stories in 3 different ways
How to go live on Instagram, to broadcast video in real time to your followers
How to repost a video on Instagram using the Repost app for iPhone or Android
How to get verified on Instagram, if your account meets these 4 standards for verification
How to save videos and photos you’ve taken on Snapchat, and one way to save videos from others