How to change your Google Home’s voice to numerous options, including the voices of celebrities like John Legend and Issa Rae
Category : entrepreneur
- You can change your Google Home’s voice in just a few steps using the Google Home app.
- It’s even possible to change your Google Home’s voice to the real voices of celebrities like John Legend or Issa Rae.
- Here’s how to change your Google Home’s voice.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Google Home is Google’s version of the smart home device, similar to the Amazon Echo.
You can use it to issue voice commands to play music, answer questions, and even control other devices in your home, like smart lights, a smart TV, or a Chromecast device, if you also have those.
Like Alexa on an Amazon Echo, you can change your Google Home’s voice to better suit your tastes, no matter the reason.
Google has given the device a range of different voices to choose from, including the voices of celebrities like John Legend or Issa Rae.
Here’s how to change your Google Home’s voice.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Google Home (From $99.99 at Best Buy)
Amazon Echo 3rd-Generation (From $99.99 at Best Buy)
How to change your Google Home’s voice
1. Open the Google Home app.
2. Tap the “Settings” button. It is the rightmost button under your home’s name, with an image of a gear on it.
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down to “Google Assistant Services” and tap “More settings” at the bottom of that list.
4. In this menu, tap the second tab, labeled “Assistant,” then tap the second option, “Assistant voice.”
5. This will bring up a list of options. Tab through the different colors to hear different voices until you select one that you like. Once you decide, simply leave it selected and return to the home screen or close the app to save it.
You can also use a simple command to your Google Home — “Hey Google, talk like Issa” or “Hey Google, talk like a Legend” — to get Issa Rae or John Legend’s voice immediately.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to set up any Google Home, Google’s versatile smart speaker, in just a few minutes
How to setup and use Google Home with your iPhone or Android device
How to use and customize Google Assistant on your phone or Google Home
‘What is a Google Home Hub?’: Everything you need to know about the Google smart device that can help you navigate daily life
How to reset any Google Home device to its factory settings, if it’s malfunctioning or you’re planning to sell it