How to change your Windows 10 login screen to display any image when your computer turns on
Category : entrepreneur
- You can change your Windows 10 login screen through your device’s Settings app, and make it display any photo you like.
- You can choose a photo, a set of photos for a slideshow, or let Windows pick a stock photo.
- To enable this feature, you must allow Windows to show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The login screen is the first thing you see each time you start your Windows 10 computer, so you may want to customize it.
You can set it to show a picture from your photo library, a stock photo selected by Windows, or choose a set of photos to use as a slideshow.
There’s only one caveat: In order to customize the Windows 10 login screen, you need to make it the same as the lock screen. You can’t configure them separately. This means, however, that if you’re looking to change the sign-in screen, you can just follow the same directions.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Windows 10 (From 134.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad (From 299.99 at Best Buy)
How to change the Windows 10 login screen
1. Click the Start button and then click the Settings icon (which looks like a gear).
2. Click “Personalization.”
3. On the left side of the Personalization window, click “Lock screen.”
4. In the Background section, choose the kind of background you want to see. You can choose Windows Spotlight (Windows will choose a stock photo), Picture (you choose a photo from your photo library), or Slideshow (you choose a folder that contains the photos you want to see rotate through the login screen).
5. Turn on “Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen” by sliding its button to the right.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change your background on a Windows 10 device using your settings or a shortcut
How to invert or change the colors on your Windows computer, to make icons and links easier to see
How to change the font size on a Windows 10 computer, to make it easier to read text displayed on your screen
How to change your screensaver on a Windows 10 computer to a custom animation or slideshow
How to set a default printer in Windows 10 so that it’s easier and quicker to print documents