How to delete your TikTok account permanently using the app
Category : entrepreneur
- You can delete your TikTok account fairly quickly and easily via the settings in the app.
- Deleting your account is permanent and will cut you off from any of your in-app purchases, so make sure it’s the right decision for you before going forward.
- Here’s how to delete your TikTok account.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you aren’t into TikTok anymore or you want to delete your account for another reason, you can get it done quite quickly and easily via the app through your account settings.
But before you get started, be aware that you will not be able to recover your account once you’ve deleted it, which means you won’t be able to access your videos or purchases made through the app. However, shared information like chats with other users may still be accessible to the other users involved in those conversations.
Assuming you’re okay with all of that, here’s how to delete your TikTok account.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $849.99 at Best Buy)
How to delete your TikTok account
1. Open your TikTok app on your iPhone or Android device and log into your account, if needed.
2. Toggle over to the “Me” section.
3. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Select “Manage my account.”
5. Tap “Delete account” at the bottom of the screen.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to continue and confirm your choice to delete.
You may have to go through a verification process after tapping “Delete account” at the bottom of the “Manage my account” page, if for example, you used your Google account to create your TikTok account.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to draw in Google Docs using the built-in ‘Drawing’ tool, to add customized drawings to your documents
‘Can you transfer money from Venmo to PayPal?’: Not directly, but you can use your bank account — here’s how
How to log out of Hulu on your mobile device, smart TV, or computer
‘What is Google Authenticator?’: How to set up Google’s two-step verification software to secure all of your Google apps
iOS 13 lets you connect an Xbox One controller to your iPhone — here’s how to do it