‘What is my Instagram URL?’: How to find your Instagram URL using a computer or mobile device
Category : entrepreneur
- You can find your Instagram URL by opening Instagram in a web browser or by figuring it out manually.
- Every Instagram account has a unique URL associated with it, and it contains your username.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Instagram is perhaps one of the most mobile-friendly social networking platforms.
It was, more or less, designed for use on phones and mobile devices, evident by its mobile app’s greater capabilities and easier-to-navigate interface compared to the desktop version.
But because Instagram is so attuned to mobile devices, it doesn’t operate like a traditional website, making it sometimes difficult to track down the URL for your Instagram account.
Fortunately, the process isn’t as difficult as you might think.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to find your Instagram URL on your computer
Finding your Instagram URL is quite easy if you are using a traditional web browser to view Instagram.
1. Simply open your personal Instagram profile by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. At the top of the page, in your browser’s address bar, is your profile URL. Hold down “command” + “C” on your Mac or “Ctrl” + “C” on your PC keyboard to copy it to your computer. Hold down “command” + “V” on your Mac or “Ctrl” + “V” on your PC keyboard to paste it somewhere.
How to find your Instagram URL on your mobile device
If you aren’t able to open Instagram on a web browser and can only access it via the app, you can still find your URL by piecing it together manually.
1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android and login if you need to.
2. Open your profile by tapping your photo in the lower-right corner of the bottom menu bar.
3. Once you’ve opened your profile, take note of your Instagram username located at the top of the page.
4. Your Instagram URL is made up of two components: Instagram’s website address and your Instagram username, separated by slashes. For example, my Instagram’s username is @chrissysface, so the URL https://www.instagram.com/chrissysface/ would link to my profile.
It really is that simple. But do note that some Instagram accounts are private and may not be visible even if you have their URL. Deactivated Instagram accounts are also not visible.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to get verified on Instagram, if your account meets these 4 standards for verification
How to save your Instagram stories in 3 different ways
How to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone
How to turn on Dark Mode on your Mac, to reduce eye strain and give your computer a sleek new look
How to block websites on a Mac computer using Parental Controls in your Safari browser